Association President/Managing Director, Lansing, Michigan
Do you have a passion to provide strategic and national leadership to the tart cherry industry?
Do you want to create an outstanding, progressive organization?
Do you enjoy working broadly with member-growers, processors, legislators and researchers?
The Cherry Marketing Institute and Michigan Cherry Committee is looking for a dynamic executive to represent its members on a broad range of issues including advocacy/government relations, product marketing & promotional programs, scientific research, grants and crop protection tools. We are excited for you to apply to this high profile position in Lansing, MI. These organizations are built by cherry growers, for cherry growers with a purpose of advancing the industry and addressing issues that are vital to the future of cherry growers. It is imperative that the Association President/Managing Director has the ability to communicate and implement the vision with iron-clad integrity and a commitment to excellence.
The ultimate goal is to keep the cherry industry competitive in the ever-changing domestic and global market.
The Cherry Marketing Institute (CMI) is a nationally recognized leader providing tart cherry growers unparalleled services and programs serving tart cherry farmers in Utah, New York, Wisconsin and Michigan since 1987. The Michigan Cherry Committee (MCC) began in the mid 1930’s and is now organized under Public Act 232 providing national research and product promotion. Visit www.choosecherries.com to learn more about us.
This position requires…
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years of progressive experience in agriculture, preferably with an emphasis in fruit.
- Significant experience in managing issues and advocacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomatic with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, able to apply principles of logic to a wide range of complex business problems and develop creative and timely solutions.
- A calm and confident presence including maturity and credibility with staff, growers, legislatures and trade.
Simply email your cover letter and resume to HRgreenstone@greenstonefcs.com. Please write “Cherry Marketing Institute” as the subject line of the email.