Total Time: 20 minutes (with 3 to 4 hours of refrigeration)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
Combine dried Montmorency tart cherries, preserves and vinegar in a small microwave-safe bowl; mix well.
Microwave on high (100% power) 60 to 90 seconds, or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in red onion, yellow bell peppers, jalapenos, cilantro and lemon juice.
Refrigerate covered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
Serve with grilled swordfish or tuna. Also excellent as a topping for hamburgers.