Tart Cherry Frozen Yogurt with White & Dark Chocolate Chips
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or vodka, optional
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate and vanilla extract until combined and sugar is fully dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Freeze according to ice cream maker instructions. Add bourbon or vodka in the last 2-3 minutes of freezing. This is optional, but recommended—it keeps the frozen yogurt from freezing hard and icy. Fold in chocolate chips. Frozen yogurt is best served immediately, but can also be stored in a freezer safe container, just allow 10-15 minutes thawing time before scooping.
Recipe courtesy of Ari Ziskin, ArisMenu.com