5 Things You Need to Know about the National Cherry Festival
The National Cherry Festival is an annual eight-day celebration of everything cherries from July 4-11. With more than 150 events, 50 musical artists and lots of cherries, here are five can't miss things to do at this year’s event in Traverse City, Michigan.
- Cherry Farm Market – With more than 100 cherry products, including cherry summer sausage, Montmorency tart cherry salsas and mustards, and traditional jams and jellies, you’ll find everything you need to incorporate Montmorency tart cherries into your everyday dishes!
- Blues, Brews & BBQ – Celebrate Independence Day with the U.S. Airforce Thunderbirds, microbrews and some finger lickin’ good BBQ from 1:15pm to 4pm on July 4!
- Award-Winning Pie– You can’t go to northern Michigan and not try the pie! Check out the National Cherry Festival’s signature cherry pies from Grand Traverse Pie Company.
- The Festival of Races – Whether it’s a 5k, 10k, 15k, or Half Marathon, make sure to get ready to cross the finish line on June 11 (and don’t forget to drink Montmorency tart cherry juice! Studies show that Montmorency tart cherry juice may help athletes reduce muscle pain after intense exercise).
- Download the App – To learn more about this year’s events, share photos of festival fun and chat with other festival goers, download the National Cherry Festival app in the iTunes App store.