Blogger Round-Up: Harvest Edition
With Montmorency tart cherry harvest in full swing, we’re taking a look back at our some of our favorite bloggers’ accounts of their experiences in Traverse City, Michigan and the Montmorency tart cherry recipes they inspired.
Nomadic Foodie, Doniree Walker
- Doniree shares her exciting weekend filled with all things Montmorency tart cherries: an educational breakfast, meeting with growers and producers and ending with a tour of the cherry orchards.
Fitwoman.com, Marsha Hudnall
- Marsha provides a healthy Sorbet recipe which features Montmorency tart cherry juice as its main ingredient. She describes her experience learning about the nutritional benefits of Montmorency tart cherries at the National Cherry Festival in Traverse City, Michigan.
Nutritious Feast, Dina Lindquist
- Follow Dina’s journey through the cherry orchards and get a first-hand look at the National Cherry Festival.
Meal Makeover Moms, Liz Weiss
- Liz shares a healthy recipe for a Tart Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie and a detailed account of her trip to Traverse City, Michigan for the National Cherry Festival.
Matt Bites, Matt Armendariz
- Matt describes his delicious cherry-filled weekend to Traverse City, Michigan, including participating in the Montmorency tart cherry recipe contest and shares a recipe for Montmorency tart cherry hand pies.
What’s Gaby Cooking, Gaby Dalkin
- Gaby provides a delicious and nutritious recipes showcasing the Montmorency tart cherries she got at the National Cherry Festival in Traverse City, Michigan, including homemade granola bars, chocolate cherry coconut cookie and Montmorency tart cherry chocolate chip cookies.
Healthy Aperture, Regan Jones
- Regan Jones, a dietitian and self-proclaimed “foodie”, highlights Montmorency tart cherries as a spotlight ingredient after learning the health benefits associated with these tasty fruits at the National Cherry Festival and shares her own unique recipe for Tart Cherry Nutty Meg Cake.
Rose Water & Orange Blossoms, Maureen Abood
- Maureen displays her favorite photographsof the National Cherry Festival and provides a recipe for a sour cherry galette with a cream cheese crust.
Sarahstanleyinspired.com, Sarah Stanley