Montmorency Tart Cherries, the Ultimate Travel Companion
The travel essential you didn’t know you needed
You always want to feel your best while you travel, whether you are flying to an exotic destination or getting ready for a hike in the mountains. With more than 60 scientific research studies exploring the health benefits of Montmorency tart cherries including sleep, inflammation, exercise recovery and heart health, they’re sure to become your new travel essential. We’ve partnered with three popular travel bloggers to share tips and practices to avoid aches and make the most of your vacation.
- My Itchy Travel Feet: Don’t Let Inflammation Pain Ruin Your Summer Boomer Adventure
- Donna from My Itchy Travel Feet highlights her top 5 healthy practices to avoid aches and inflammation when traveling. Hint: one includes Montmorency tart cherries.
- The Planet D: The Very Best Healthy Travel Snacks for a Long Flight
- What are your go-to travel snacks? Dave and Deb from Planet D share why you should include tart cherries in your carryon and the importance of eating right on the road.
- What Boundaries: Tart Cherries – A Traveler’s Best Friend
- Cheryl from What Boundaries gushes on why she’s a tart cherry lover and why you will be too!
Montmorency tart cherries have multiple benefits for travelers:
- Better sleep. Montmorency tart cherries are one of the few natural sources of melatonin, a natural hormone that regulates sleep cycles. Research has shown that two glasses of tart cherry juice a day may help increase sleep time and the quality of sleep.
- Easing inflammation. For years, people with arthritis and gout have turned to Montmorency tart cherry juice for relief of symptoms, even though much of the evidence was anecdotal. Now there’s hard science to back it up. Tart cherries are one of the highest sources of phenolic compounds, specifically anthocyanins, which have been shown to fight inflammation. In fact, some researchers have concluded that Montmorency tart cherries have more inflammation-fighting potential than any other food.
- Aids exercise recovery. Montmorency tart cherry juice may help with post-exercise recovery by easing muscle soreness and recovery of muscle strength.
When packed in a travel bag or enjoyed as an on-the-go snack, Montmorency tart cherries are an easy and delicious food for travel. Consider these ways to include Montmorency tart cherries on your next trip: