Apple, Pecan and Cherry Winter Salad
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups mixed greens or other winter green/lettuce of choice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar, thinly sliced
- Maple Cherry Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons 100% Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, toss spinach, lettuce/greens, dried Montmorency tart cherries, pecans, apple, scallions and cheese together.
Drizzle with dressing, toss together, and serve.
Maple Cherry Vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients in a jar or bowl and whisk or shake together until the dressing comes together.
Drizzle over salad before serving. Keep remaining dressing refrigerated until ready to use.