Cherry Nut Spread
Total Time: 10 minutes (with 2 to 3 hours of refrigeration)
Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup (8 appetizer servings)
- 3 tablespoons Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Toasted bread or assorted crackers
Combine cream cheese with the Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate; mix until smooth.
Stir in sugar, pecans and thyme.
Refrigerate, covered, 2 to 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Use as a spread on toasted bread, or as a dip with assorted crackers.