Peanut Butter and Cherry Muffins
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups dried Montmorency tart cherries
- Sunflower, safflower oil (or neutral-flavored, high-heat cooking oil/high-temperature nonstick spray )
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with the oil or spray and set aside.
Spread the oats out on a large rimmed baking sheet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly (leave the oven on).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, butter, peanut butter, honey and eggs. Add the flour mixture, stirring until almost combined. Add the oats and Montmorency tart cherries, stirring until just combined.
Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups and bake until a tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out almost entirely clean, 18 to 20 minutes.