Post-Workout Recovery Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
- Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (almond, coconut or oat milk), plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder (I like collagen peptides or plant based protein powder)
- 2 tablespoons natural nut butter of choice (I love peanut, cashew or almond butter)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon cacao powder for a boost of iron
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Drizzle of drippy nut butter
- Granola if you’re feeling fancy
To make the smoothie bowl: add tart cherries, milk, protein powder, nut butter, and optional cacao powder to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until ingredients are well combined. You may need to add more milk, but since this is a smoothie bowl, we want it pretty thick. I think ¾ cup is perfect.
Pour into a bowl and top with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, chia seeds and a few tart cherries. Enjoy!
Feel free to add 1-2 cups organic spinach to the smoothie if you want to get some greens in. The smoothie will likely turn a brownish color though.
Recipe courtesy of Monique Volz, ambitiouskitchen.com