Snack Board with Tart Cherry Baked Brie
Total Time: 33 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- Tart Cherry Baked Brie
- 1 Wheel of Brie
- 1 cup walnuts (90g)
- 1 cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries (150g)
- ⅓ cup dried Montmorency tart cherries (50g)
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur (30g)
- 1 tsp molasses (4g)
- ¼ Cup honey (85g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- Tart Cherry Snack Board
- Variety of Crackers
- Variety of Cheeses
- Variety of Olives
- Variety of Nuts
- Fresh Herbs for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. While preheating, unwrap the wheel of brie and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet and add the walnuts onto a separate parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once the oven has been preheated, place both the brie and nuts inside the oven. Toast the walnuts for 6 minutes and bake the brie for a total of 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine frozen & dried cherries, Grand Marnier liqueur, molasses, honey, and sea salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat allowing everything to simmer for 5-7 minutes before pouring into a small bowl and setting aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries from the saucepan and place into a small bowl. Continue simmering and reducing the remaining liquids until thickened, an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked cherries and toasted walnuts to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the baked brie to a serving platter and top with cherry mixture. Sprinkle fresh thyme and cracked pepper over the top and serve with an assortment of crackers.
- Once the baked brie has been added to your serving platter, fan the crackers and additional cheeses around the brie and throughout the platter. Add a few small bowls of olives and nuts onto and around the board as well before finishing with some fresh herbs for decoration.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Laurae, emilylaurae.com