Super Fruit Cobbler
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons low fat milk
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine Montmorency tart cherries, mixed berries, 1/2-cup brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Spoon mixture into an 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
Combine baking mix, remaining 1/4-cup sugar, sour cream and milk; mix well to form a stiff batter. Drop batter over tart cherry mixture forming 6 mounds.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and cobbler topping is golden brown.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: To save on cleanup time, thaw and mix the berries in a baking dish.