Tahini Muffins with Montmorency Tart Cherries
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 18 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour (I used ivory, but brown will work too)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, lightly crushed in your hand
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup melted (liquid) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, stir together oats, flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Then add tart cherries, coconut flakes, and poppy seeds, and stir to lightly coat.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oat milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until no flour streaks remain.
While oven is preheating, fill muffin cups with batter, 3/4 of the way full. If they are almost full, that’s a good thing! The muffins will rise beautifully this way.
Bake muffins at 375 degrees F for 4 minutes, then turn down heat to 350 degrees F and cook for another 14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with crumbs.
Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove. Best eaten when fully cooled.
Recipe courtesy of Amanda Paa, heartbeetkitchen.com