Tart Cherry Cheesecake Pops
Total Time: 4 Hours, 35 Minutes
Prep: 25 Minutes
Cook: Freeze for 4 Hours
Yield: 18 Pops
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 cup raw walnuts halves
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water; allow to soak for at least 15-30 minutes.
- To prepare crust, combine walnuts and dates in food processor and pulse until finely chopped and mixed well. Add vanilla extract; pulse until mixture comes together. Line loaf pan with parchment paper and press mixture firmly into bottom of pan to form crust; set aside
- After cashews have soaked, combine cashews, maple syrup, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy (until it looks like hummus, will take 5 to 8 minutes depending on the size of your food processor). Pour cheesecake filling over prepared crust and smooth out evenlArrange Montmorency tart cherries on top of cheesecake and press into cheesecake slightly. Insert 18 pop sticks into cheesecake, arranging 3X6, 3 sticks across width and 6 sticks lengthwise. Place cheesecake into freezer until set, about 4 hours.
- After cheesecake is frozen, remove from freezer just before serving. Allow to defrost slightly for 5-10 minutes, until soft enough to slice. Slice cheesecake around sticks to form 18 pops. Serve immediately.
- Store cheesecake in freezer until ready to eat.