Tart Cherry Chia Pudding
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep: 35 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup Montmorency tart cherries, frozen
- 1/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional garnish: dried Montmorency tart cherries, dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and Montmorency tart cherry juice and coconut milk. Allow this to soak for at least 30 minutes or until the chia seeds have absorbed most of the liquid creating a thick gel.
In a food processor or high speed blender, pour the chia seed mixture into the blender will all remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
Pour in serving bowl/glass/cup. Garnish with sprinkling chocolate chips on top or additional Montmorency tart cherries, fresh, frozen or dried.
Recipe courtesy of McKel Hill, MS, RD, LDN, Nutritionstripped.com