Tart Cherry Daiquiri Mocktail
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 5 Minutes
Yield: 1 Serving
- 10 dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/4 cup 100% tart cherry juice OR sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (See Note 1)
- Lots of ice for serving
SOAK TART CHERRIES: Add the 10 dried cherries to the bottom of the glass. Add the tart cherry juice on top and let stand for 5 minutes. Then press cherries thoroughly with a muddler (Don’t have a muddler? Use the handle of a sturdy wooden spoon or ladle.) This is important to really get a rich tart cherry flavor.
FINISH DRINK: Once cherries have been muddled, add in lemon juice and simple syrup (add to taste; you may want less or more depending on how sweet you like your drinks). Top the glass with lots of ice. Enjoy immediately, garnished with additional dried tart cherries if desired.
Optional: tiny umbrella for fun!
- Simple syrup is just equal parts water and white granulated sugar. Combine equal parts of both (I do 1/2 cup of each) in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and then cool completely. You don’t have to bring it to a simmer or boil; simply heat until the liquid is clear and all sugar is dissolved. Store leftovers in an airtight or sterile container in the fridge for up to a month.
Recipe courtesy of Chelsea Lords, Chelsea’s Messy Apron