Tart Cherry Hot Chocolate
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Prep: 5 Minutes
Cook: 5 Minutes
Yield: 1-2 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk*
- 1 ounce Montmorency tart cherry concentrate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is heated through.
Pour into mugs and garnish with cocoa powder, cacao nibs and/or marshmallows.
* Use coconut milk from a can. Other milks can be used if preferred. If choosing nut milk, use unsweetened since you’re adding sweetener and the tart cherry concentrate is a bit sweet as well.
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas of Running to the Kitchen