Tart Cherry Orange Pistachio Loaf (Gluten-Free)
Total Time: 1 Hour and 5 min
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 55 Minutes
Yield: 10 slices
- 2 medium overripe (brown and spotted) bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups super fine almond flour, packed
- 1 cup certified GF oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 2 medium oranges)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3/4 cup Montmorency dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Place bananas, orange juice, eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in tart cherries and pistachios (I love this silicone spatula).
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean. Cool completely before slicing. Store cooled bread in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 5 days (or store in the refrigerator).