Wholesome Granola Bars
Total Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Prep: 15 to 20 minutes
Cook: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 8-10 Bars
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat granola (store-bought)
- 1 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup (firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with foil. Spray the foil lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Combine dried Montmorency tart cherries, granola, oats, flour, almonds and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
Stir together egg whites, honey, brown sugar and oil. Add to granola mixture, stirring until all is coated. Press mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bars are light brown.
Let cool completely (about 10 minutes) on a wire rack. Use foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars.