Wild Rice Salad with Chicken, Dried Cherries & Goat Cheese
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 cup wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 6 ounces cooked skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cook the wild rice blend according to package directions. Fluff with a fork. Transfer the rice to a large bowl to cool.
Add the chicken, kale, dried Montmorency tart cherries and goat cheese, and stir gently to combine.
Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Serve.
In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and rosemary.
While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil. Whisk until combined.
Recipe courtesy of Dara Michalski, CookinCanuck.com