Yogurt Bowl with Tart Cherry Compote
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
Place cherry juice, honey, dried cherries, ginger, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove dried cherries from pan and set aside. Raise heat to high and boil, uncovered, for 3 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about half and syrupy. Stir cherries back into liquid along with cacao nibs if using.
Place yogurt in serving bowls and top with cherry mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Matthew Kadey