A Dozen Delicious Ways to Enjoy Tart Cherries Every Day
Enjoy Montmorency tart cherries all year round!
Here are a dozen ways you can enjoy the taste of Montmorency tart cherries:
- Hit the trail. Make your own trail mix using dried Montmorency tart cherries, almonds and whole-grain cereal. Tight on time? Just add dried Montmorency tart cherries to ready-made granola.
- Brighten up breakfast. Top oatmeal with dried Montmorency tart cherries for extra flavor or add them to your batter for tasty pancakes and waffles.
- Make salads sensational. Add dried Montmorency tart cherries to your leafy green salads – they’re great combined with goat cheese and walnuts. Or add Montmorency tart cherries to your favorite fruit salad recipe.
- Saved by the snack. Keep a stash of dried Montmorency tart cherries on hand for a nutrient-packed snack. Look for single-serve packages or portion out what you bought in bulk to keep in your purse, desk or gym bag. Or enjoy a handful as a bedtime snack.
- Bake it in. Enjoy a new twist on the standard oatmeal cookie by using dried Montmorency tart cherries instead of raisins, or swap dried Montmorency tart cherries for cranberries or blueberries when making muffins and quick breads.
- Greater grains. Add dried Montmorency tart cherries to your couscous, whole-grain salads, rice pilafs, risotto and pasta.
- Meet up with meat. Tart cherries pair well with pork – try using frozen Montmorency tart cherries for a sauce served over grilled pork tenderloin. Or add dried Montmorency tart cherries when making chicken salad
- Sip on this. Blend frozen Montmorency tart cherries with Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate and low-fat yogurt. Add a straw and you have a sensational smoothie for breakfast or a snack.
- Mind your mocktail. Make a refreshing cherry spritzer by adding Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate to ice cold seltzer.
- A better beverage. Check out Montmorency tart cherry juice instead of cranberry juice, or look for Montmorency tart cherry juice blends, such as cherry apple juice. You can also make your own blend by combining 100 percent Montmorency tart cherry juice with another juice favorite.
- Grab and go. Choose a single-serve bottle of 100 percent Montmorency tart cherry juice or fill a water bottle with diluted Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate as you head out to the gym to help aid muscle recovery after your workout.
- A perfect parfait. Keep a bag of frozen Montmorency tart cherries in the freezer and layer with vanilla Greek yogurt and granola.