Double Chocolate Cherry Skillet Brownie
Total Time: 12 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 13 minutes
Yield: 4 skillet brownies
- 2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold brew coffee
- 2 ounces 72% cacao dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 4 X 3.5 inch cast iron skillets with coconut oil and place on baking sheet.
In large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil and brown sugar. Stir in egg, vanilla, and coffee.
Allow melted chocolate to cool slightly, and stir into batter with cocoa powder and salt.
Gently fold in flour until combined; do not over mix.
Toss in dried tart cherries and chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
Spoon brownie batter into cast iron skillets. Bake for 13-15 minutes until slightly undercooked. Brownie will continue to “bake” in skillet as it cools.Serve brownies a la mode with ice cream, almond butter drizzle, and a dusting of chocolate shavings.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, LoveandZest.com