Tart Cherry Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Tart Cherry Maple Syrup
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 14 pancakes
- To make pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
- To make syrup
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate
- dash of cinnamon
In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt, and milk.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
Fold in cherries and pecans.
Ladle ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto hot lightly greased griddle.
Cook pancake until it bubbles on one side, and flip.
Cook until golden brown on other side.
To make syrup, combine maple syrup and Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate in a small pot over low heat. Whisk in cinnamon until blended and keep warm until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, LoveandZest.com.