Ultimate Holiday Dinner Menu
Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 1 Hour
Yield: 4 Servings
- Savory Tart Cherry Compote
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 2 cups frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest (1/2 orange)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsppepper
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries
- 5 cups shaved brussel sprouts (12oz)
- 2 cups shaved kale
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup caramelized onion (or 1/2 an onion)
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pork Chop
- 4 Bone in Pork Chops (approximately 2lbs, or 8oz each)
- Salt and pepper, generous amount
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Savory Tart Cherry Compote:
- Saute onion and 1 tbsp. butter on low heat for 20-30 minutes until caramelized, stirring often. Set½ mixture aside for Warm Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- Salt and pepper to taste? (We used a miniscule amount of ¼ a teaspoon of salt and ½ tsppepper).
Roasted Butternut Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel and cut butternut squash into ½ inch dice.
- Combine in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes, until tender.
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries:
- Heat heavy skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and saute Brussels sprouts and kale for 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooked greens to a bowl, and add in remaining ingredients and toss.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Salt and Pepper pork generously, set aside.
- Heat large skillet on high, add oil.
- Once hot (use water test), add pork chops. Cook for 3 minutes until nicely browned.
- Flip over and carefully pick up skillet and place in preheated 400 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly add butter, garlic and herbs. Carefully tilt the pan so the butter pools to one side and spoon butter, herbs and garlic over the cooked pork chops for about 1 minute.
STEPS TO COMPLETE MEAL IN 1 HOUR:
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Begin caramelized onion for cherry compote (3 minutes).
- Roast butternut squash (30 minutes).
- Salt and Pepper Pork Chops, set aside (2 minutes).
- Divide onions for salad (set half aside in large bowl).
- Complete Tart Cherry Compote, let cook (hands on time 5 minutes, total time 15 minutes)
- Make Warm Brussels Sprout Salad (10 minutes)
- Take out butternut squash.
- Cook pork chops (14 minutes)
- Assemble and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Lexi Davidson, lexiscleankitchen.com