Cauliflower Tart Cherry Salad
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds, shells removed (can use a combination of both if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, stems and leaves removed
- 1 1/2 cups dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Add seeds to a small skillet with olive oil and salt. Place over a medium low heat, stirring occasionally until toasted and fragrant; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Cut cauliflower in quarters removing the tough stems and leaves. Using a food processor fit with a slicing blade, a mandolin slicer, or a sharp chef’s knife, thinly shave the cauliflower. Place cauliflower in a large bowl. Add toasted seeds and dried Montmorency tart cherries and toss to combine.
In a small jar with a lid, combine dressing ingredients (white wine vinegar, olive oil, chopped chives, honey, salt, and pepper). Screw on lid and shake until well combined. Pour over salad and stir to evenly coat cauliflower. Taste and adjust salt for seasoning.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, JellyToastBlog.com