Crunchy Cherry Party Mix
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Prep: 10 to 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 4 cups corn or rice square cereal (such as Chex)
- 2 cups wheat square cereal (such as Chex)
- 2 cups whole grain Melba toast, broken in pieces
- 2 cups small pretzel twists
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Mix corn or rice cereal, wheat cereal, Melba toast and pretzels in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together melted margarine or butter, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and ground red pepper.
Drizzle over cereal mixture. Toss to coat.
Spread cereal mixture in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch (or 13 x 9 x 2-inch) baking pan.
Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 7 to 8 minutes.
Remove from oven; stir in dried Montmorency tart cherries. Pour onto aluminum foil and cool completely.