Honey-Tart Cherry Salmon with Cherry Salsa
Total Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15-17 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Montmorency tart cherries, thawed and chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice (from frozen Montmorency tart cherries)
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into four pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
In a medium bowl, stir together salsa ingredients until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil or parchment (foil preferred). Rinse salmon fillets under cool water and pat dry with paper towel. Arrange on baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk together Montmorency tart cherry juice and honey. Spread half of mixture over salmon fillets, reserving the second half.
Slide baking sheet into preheated oven and bake 15-17 minutes, until just about cooked through.
Drizzle the second half of the Montmorency tart cherry-honey mixture over fillets and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges.
Serve salmon fillets on a bed of greens with Montmorency tart cherry salsa on top.