Shrimp Salad with Dried Cherries
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse-ground Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 pound medium-size, cooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 small ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, basil and salt; mix with a wire whisk or beat with a large spoon until well mixed.
Refrigerate while preparing salad.
Divide salad greens evenly between 4 plates.
Combine Montmorency tart cherries, shrimp, avocados and green onions in a large bowl; divide shrimp mixture evenly over salad greens.
Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.