Sweet Potatoes with Cherry Glaze
Total Time: 35 to 50 minutes
Cook: 35 to 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (7 to 8 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger,
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub potatoes and halve lengthwise; do not peel.
Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes, cut side down, in pan.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until almost tender.
Stir together Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate, brown sugar, butter and ginger. Turn potatoes cut-side up and brush with tart cherry mixture.
Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with green onion.