Sweet and Savory Breakfast Salad Bowl
Total Time: 33 Minutes
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 18 Minutes
Yield: 4 People
- 8 slices hardwood smoked bacon
- 5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups packed watercress
- 4 soft-cooked eggs, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¾ cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries, thawed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place bacon in single layer on parchment-lined rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp. Transfer bacon to cutting board and roughly chop.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until all oil is incorporated.
Divide watercress between 4 plates or bowls; top with eggs, avocados, cherries and bacon. Serve with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Lori Yates, foxeslovelemons.com