Tart Cherry Pie Smoothie
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Prep: 5 Minutes
Yield: 1 Smoothie
- 1 heaping cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 2–3 pitted Medjool dates, to taste (or sub 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- Granola, coconut, almond butter, etc. for topping
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You can add in a handful of spinach (I like frozen) or protein powder if desired.
Pour into a glass. Top with granola, coconut, and more cherries if desired!
Recipe courtesy of Alexis Joseph, Hummusapien.com