Sweet and Spicy Seared Tuna with Cherry Cabbage
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili paste (sirracha)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 tuna fillets (Ahi, Albacore or similar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups whole grain rice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
In a medium bowl, whisk together Montmorency tart cherry juice, sesame oil, chili sauce, garlic, soy sauce, mustard and green onions.
Heat a large skillet to high heat. Sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper, spray with cooking spray, then sear for 90 seconds per side for rare (or until desired doneness). Remove from heat, cool slightly, and slice.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey and rice wine vinegar. Toss with dried Montmorency tart cherries and cabbage.
Prepare rice according to package directions.
To assemble, place equal amounts of rice onto the center of four plates. Push down the center of each mound to create a well and fill each well with equal amounts of dressed cabbage.
Add slices of tuna, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with parsley and serve.